CAPITAL AND PROGRAM PLANNING Grant Application
- Once at the site, you will create a user name and password to enter and begin the online application process.
- Applicants will need to upload the forms and attach them to the eGrant application:
- Budget instructions and narrative
- Budget form
If you have questions about the application, please contact Becky Ewing, Program Officer, at 231.941.4010 or email@example.com
Rotary Charities recognizes the vital role that nonprofit organizations perform in maintaining the area's quality of life. It understands that in order to remain collectively responsive to community needs, non profit organizations must regularly focus on how best to accomplish their individual missions. Therefore, Rotary Charities supports a variety of efforts to ensure the sustainability of an efficient and effective nonprofit system.
To assist nonprofits develop successful strategies for capacity building, programs and capital projects, Rotary Charities provides one-year Planning Grants, which are explained in detail below. Please note that planning grant guidelines for Organizational Capacity Assessment and Planning can be found in the Organizational Capacity Buidling section of the website.
Rotary Charities will accept proposals to support planning that an organization must conduct in order to continue to effectively fulfill its mission. Start-up organizations are not eligible for Rotary Charities planning grants. Prior to applying for planning grants, the applicant must have:
- Been providing services for at least one year, and
- A nonprofit business plan is highly recommended
NorthSky Nonprofit Network offers start-up guidance. Visit their website: http://www.northskynonprofitnetwork.org/index.php or call 231.929.3924
- Maximum grant award is $5,000
- Maximum of one year grant period
- Minimum 25% cash match required
GRANT APPLICATION PROCESS
- Potential applicants are strongly encouraged to speak with a Rotary Charities staff member prior to submitting a proposal.
- Planning Grant proposals will be accepted throughout the year. Deadlines are the first of each month.
- Applicants should submit a proposal, which must include (1) a common grant application cover sheet, (2) project narrative, (3) grant budget form, and (4) required attachments. Proposals will only be accepted electronically through: http://rotarycharities.egrant.net
- Proposals will be reviewed and applicants notified generally within 45 days of receipt
- Rotary Charities will provide a Grant Agreement Letter to funded organizations.
ORGANIZATIONAL ACTIVITIES SUPPORTED
Rotary Charities will consider requests to fund two types of planning activities:
Program Delivery and Impact, such as:
- Program Design/Development
- Market Research
Capital Planning, such as:
- Facility Assessment
- Fund Raising Feasibility
- Project Planning Feasibility
Complete Planning Grant Application Packet
Click here to begin the Online Application Process