ORGANIZATIONAL CAPACITY ASSESSMENT AND PLANNING Grant Application and
ORGANIZATIONAL CAPACITY BUILDING Grant Application
- Once at the site, you will create a user name and password to enter and begin the online application process.
- Select either the Organizational Capacity Assessment and Planning grant (Level 1) or the Organizational Capacity Building grant (Level 2) category.
- Grant applicants will need to upload the required forms (see links below), complete them and attach to the eGrant application.
Rotary Charities recognizes the vital role that nonprofit organizations perform in maintaining the area's quality of life. We understand that in order to remain collectively responsive to community needs, nonprofit organizations must regularly focus on how best to accomplish their individual missions. Therefore, Rotary Charities supports a variety of efforts to ensure the sustainability of an efficient and effective nonprofit system.
To assist nonprofits develop successful strategies for organizational capacity building (OCB), Rotary Charities provides funding on two different levels:
- One year Organizational Capacity Assessment and Planning Grants (Level 1) and
- Multiple year Organizational Capacity Building Grants (Level 2)
Prior to submitting a multiple year request, the applicant must undergo an Organizational Capacity Assessment through NorthSky Nonprofit Network. This work can be funded by Rotary Charities; see the details below. Please note that planning grant guidelines for Capital and Program grants can be found in the Planning Grant section of the website.
Collaboration and strategic restructuring
Marketing and Communications
Resource DevelopmentFund Development
Business Planning for Revenue-Generating Activities
Internal Operations & ManagementHuman Resource Management and training
Volunteer Recruitment and management
Multiple Year Application Process
Identify one or two key action items to be addressed by Rotary Charities’ grant funds.
Grants may range from $5,001 to a maximum of $50,000.
If needed, a funding plan for up to three years will be considered. Funding will be decided on a yearly basis; applicants must submit a report and request for renewal funding each year. Second and third year funding levels will be established on a decreasing basis. If a need for multiple year funding is anticipated, a three-year projected budget worksheet must be included.
Rotary Charities will provide:
- up to 75% of the total cash required to complete year one of the project; grant amount not to exceed $50,000
- up to 50% of the total cash required to complete year two of the project: grant amount not to exceed $35,000
- up to 25% of the total cash required to complete year three of the project; grant amount not to exceed $25,000
Before submitting, all applicants should schedule a meeting with Rotary staff to discuss their proposal.
The next submission deadline for proposals is 5pm, September 1, 2013.
The Organizational Capacity Building Grant application form, budget and cover sheet must be completed and submitted electronically (at http://rotarycharities.egrant.net) along with all attachments. No hard copies are necessary, unless a required document is not available in electronic format.
The proposal will be reviewed by Rotary Charities staff and a team of Rotarians, with decisions by December 15. Grants will be awarded based on Rotary Charities Board approval.
Complete Organizational Capacity Application Packet
Click here to begin the Online Application Process