Once at the site, you will create a user name and password to enter and begin the online application process.
Capital grant applicants will need to upload the budget form in Microsoft Excel, complete it and attach it to the eGrant application. Click here for the form and instructions for the budget narrative.
If you have questions about the application, please contact Becky Ewing, Program Officer, at 231.941.4010 or email@example.com
Rotary Charities awards capital grants to help with the renovation, expansion or construction of needed community facilities or acquisition of property for public use. Awards range from $5,000 to $100,000.
Rotary Charities seeks to:
- Encourage philanthropy and ensure a large base of community support by providing challenge grants whenever possible.
- Leverage state and national resources for community projects by providing local matching funds.
CRITERIA FOR FUNDING
In addition to Rotary Charities’ general criteria, a proposal requesting support for a CAPITAL project must also:
- Support a wide range of the community
- Be accessible to many people and designed for community use
- Serve more than one organization (whenever possible)
- Be cost-effective
- Be responsive to current and future community needs
- Be operationally sustainable
GUIDELINES FOR CAPITAL GRANTS
- Funds may be provided at various times in fundraising campaign, depending upon the needs of the organization—early to challenge community response or later to leverage and/or become eligible for state and national funding.
- Rotary Charities grants will support no more than 50% of the total project cost.
- Preference will be given to proposals that serve large numbers of the public or provide access to special needs populations.
- Proposals submitted by school districts must be for projects that will benefit the entire school system and not just one individual building.
- Grant requests for funds to acquire land for public use will generally only be considered after public funding is secured.
- Generally funds will not be awarded for equipment or depreciating assets, although exceptions may be considered when the equipment is critical to the delivery of essential services.
- The deadlines for Capital grant requests are March 1 and September 1.
Sample "Memorandum of Understanding" document
Please refer to our sample document as a model of the main components Rotary Charities is seeking in a Memorandum of Understanding. This sample represents a program partnership, but the same principles apply to a capital project partnership.
Capital Planning Grants are available. These are one-year grants that assist with Readiness/Feasibility, Assessment, Strategic Planning and Action Planning. Maximum request: $5,000. Applications are accepted on an ongoing basis. Refer to the Planning Grant Proposal Guidelines for details.
Complete Capital Grant Information Packet